- dinner with fellow "expats" at Il Gondolieri/ PwC intercultural training
The trainer was really interesting she was half German and half American. She explained why Germans are so serious, disciplined, and cautious people. She said the with history of Germany and their being regionalistic, the Germans have become very anxious and fearful people. They are called - Landen Sie in der Mitte - i hope i remember that right, Land in the Middle always caught between different wars from its neighbors.
Many info and details I learned about Germany, I don't think you need to know but I found them all interesting and I'm glad I decided to join that training. The participants included new international regular employees from UK, Czech, South Africa, US, etc.
- ice skating at Eisporthalle
Wow! i'm so glad Corina organized this. I met some of her German classmates and the Afghan trainee whom I helped skate. Irma was easy to help because she was tiny but the Afghan trainee was a tall guy and my arms still hurt from "dragging" hehehe helping him (sorry achmal) in the huge-for-hockey-games rink.
But its ok. I really enjoyed it, I was really scared to fall. Michaela and Svilen were trying to scare me that id lose my fingers or get fungal infection from the skating shoes. No such thing. After a few rounds, I managed to skate without holding on to the wall of the rink =) Thank God for roller skates and roller blades. I miss my sister, kahinumdum ka kit? How we used to roller skate sa ket kai sa una.
- dinner at Cafe Bar Celona
I met Maike, Svilen's buddy, and all her girlfriends.. I had Diesel - beer with coke! I didn't know you could do that. They also had beer with sprite. I loved the bar and the price wasn't so bad. =) I sill find it awkward to take pictures with very new people I meet.. Maybe when I get to know these people better I can do that.. for now, well my boring schizo writing/account of these events will have to do.
On other items
i bought a bike!!!! for the very reasonable price of 25 euros!!! its amazing!!! ang mura diba??? ang second hand bike dito ay kasing mahal lang ng isang sapastos!
i also found bangus at the asian market and cooked paksiw na bangus / inun-un ba =)*love, hugs, peace*



No comments:
Post a Comment