Sunday, May 24, 2009

schoenes wochenende

hi guys,

here are my Paris and Versailles pictures. I am very blessed or lucky (however you prefer it) to be able to see these places. They all interest me. The small stories that you hear about the thousand year old art/statue/building/garden you see. On all levels, personal, superficial, spiritual I am amazed and it is inspiring.

Paris - as I said, I only saw the minimum. The City is huge and I don't think even a week would make you say you've seen Paris. I managed to see the musts (i hope) - Eiffel Tower, Arc d'Triomphe, Champ Elysees, Plaza Concorde, Sacre Coure, Montmarte, Jardin du Luxembourg, Notre Dame, The Pantheon, Sorbonne, and of course the Musee and Palais du Louvre. I took the new europe tours - its for free. The guides work on a tip-basis.
(click on images please to view larger image)
Versailles is also another thing.. its just ridiculous. huge. glorious. beautiful.
Louvre Museum - I saw the three important ladies - Mona Lisa, Nike and Venus (Aphrodite). The Louvre definitely lives up to its status. In 5 hours I covered the three wings - Sully, Denon and Richelieu. Next to my trip to Roa, its the best touristic experience so far.
Lastly, seeing Anisa and Daniela. Wow, made the trip just really extra special :) So so fortunate. I am so scared what bad karma neautralizes this. hehehe.

Miss you guys and jim, its 34 :)))

p.s. heidelberg pics are up at multiply. love you all.