Saturday, June 6, 2009

down time..

Last night, the girls and I went to the closing show of the Frankfurt Turnfest. The main event was the fireworks/watershow at the Main River.

It was really... (you guessed it..the only adjective I know :)) "cool."

The Main was full of people and I was glad Agata and I decided to go earlier. Roberta and Irma and the rest came a bit later. Although, I have asked if we should bring blankets they said it would be too crowded there would be no room to sit. But there was, so we froze our butts off and sat on my ryanair ticket printout.


I dont know which one is better, the one last night or the one in Font Magica in Barcelona. The one in Barca is a free show every Friday and Saturday where they turn on the fountain and have different lights reflect on the water. We sat the top of Montjuic overlooking the fountain. Its really, as Mimi said, romantic. The music they played was I think both classical and cheesy ones like Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On and of course Freddie Mercury's Barcelona.

The one in the Turnfest was bigger since there was also fireworks and they projected images on the water. So cool. They had pictures of the athletes and the Dom Romer on the fountain from the boat (yes.. they have the boat to put the fireworks and there was also fountain water coming out of it).

It was a nice treat. The crowd was very formal.. not much cheering :) Just a very formal applause at the end. Hahaha. I think the City is trying to make me like it. :)
---

Finally got hold of Bonbon (after 6months) f*ckn rockstar. :) Miss you and read this blog!!! Cant wait to see you!

No comments: