Hitler's headquarters,
Germany's most expensive city,
BMW headquarters!
This is the first trip that I did everything according to what I wanted to happen!
1. I made my itinerary beforehand, we were on schedule for all the places we wanted to see
2. We took really cheap transpo! No missed flights here!
3. Timing was perfect. 2 days, one night in a cheap hostel. It was enough time to see the Munich. In a relaxed pace, no frantic sight seeing mode
4. Tours - free and paid - both were edutaining!
5. And of course some surprises - the really cute market, the Englisher Garten, etc.
The free tour guide, Kai, said the Swedes loved to attack Munich before because they were envious of its churches.. Munich is nice really but the Churches?? They were made of brick nothing to be envious about! No marbles, no expensive italian architect.. Just normal, cold, dark sad looking Churches.
Ludwig 1 - that's an actual beer can in his hand
Englisher Garten - is one of the most popular beer gardens in Munich. So cool! The beer was really good and the Leberkässemmeln, surprisingly yummy! The guide also said Germans can drink as much beer as they want because they do not consider it alcoholic. They classify it as food! So much new info I want to share! The current Pope's favorite beer is the Augustiner but I didn't have time to go to this beer house. I was able to buy one though from the Hauptbanhof.
Monopters
Chinese Pagoda in the Englischer Garten
Wheat beer and leberkase
german nakedness.. the park is huge and there is a nudist area like in Berlin
The Dodger's Alley is where all the residents passed to avoid passing by the N Guards. No signs here to tell you what it is, just the colored stones.
One lion faces the Residenz Palace and another the Church...
The one facing the church has his mouth closed, the other facing the Government Palace has his opened..
I also loved this beer garden below it also had a live band and different booths - fruits, cheese, wine, vegetables, flowers, etc. This was really pretty. And the Bavarian dressed Damen und Herren.
miss home na
please see my multiply page for more fun pics..it was also very ironic that I went to the beer capital of the world with a non-alcohol drinking bunch :)
oh and mom they loved the necklace you bought two german girls on the train said it was 'Schoen' and another two Canadian girls on the tour said it was nice too!
1 comment:
Hello Tin! These are really neat places! Best of luck!
Post a Comment