Wednesday, July 22, 2009

frodo?

I did say I was going to write about my horrible weekend travel back here in "Europe." My take off in NAIA was 11pm, Sat. There were already stressful little things like having to pay travel tax if you purchased your tickets outside the Philippines. I only had enough Pesos for the airport fee! The ATMs at the Departure area didn't take my DeutscheBank card, so I had to go to Arrivals area to get some money.

About three hours after take off (I was way sleepy) the pilot said something like we're landing. I thought, it couldn't be Kuwait already and it must be some refueling stop but no! He said, we are waiting ten hours here in Bangkok. We had to get out and go to the waiting area. The reason being the engine didn't work and parts were expected to arrive the next day. I thought fine, Subvarnabumi is not so bad but then they said we need to check in a hotel outside the airport . We ended up staying around 15 hours in Bangkok (4am to 1930 pm the following day). It was another 7hours to Kuwait. Jim had told me there are no Kuwait flights to Frankfurt once we arrive there. This is Sunday night (Asian Time), I am already supposed to be in Frankfurt.
Subvarnabumi Airport
The Hotel's name was Miracle Grand (or something like this) I like the Thais. They're Cool.

Its not only the physical condition of the plane that was scary, the service was just as awful. Once we landed Kuwait, all passengers who had connecting flights had to wait so long to get their new boarding passes. So strange that they didnt prepare for us! They knew a 400 passenger flight was delayed they should've printed these things in advance or put more people behind the counter. It was only a 7hour flight for us parang awa!
Kuwait

Anyhow, the Filipino family also flying to Frankfurt told me that the airport hotel was really crappy (how they know? this delay also happened to them flying from FRA to MLA). It wasn't so bad but the food was. :( What dya expect but I've survived German food so what the hell.

(writing complaints is kapuy! hahaha)

Anyhow we stay another 10 hours in Kuwait before we took off for PARIS! Yes another stop. Que Awfullll... I think if you want to travel the world the cheapest way, you should take Kuwait Airways. Find a really long flight like Germany to New Zealand, I'm sure it would take you at least 4 days to get there and ten country stops!

In Paris.. The ladies in Lufthansa (as I said there were no Kuwait flights to FRA) said they couldn't find my booking! Perfect.. it took about 30mins (after all the other passengers) till my boarding pass got printed :( Although the nice Filipino family and the Germans waited for me, so nice! They said -- Eine Gruppe! Awww. Bought mom a Paris magnet because I forgot to do this the last time.
Charles de Gaulle (Paris)

The fllight back to FRA was so fast. I think we arrived 10mins earlier than scheduled. But once there the luggage belt wasn't working (till the last minute it was stressssful). I finally get to my flat around 1130 pm. A day and five hours late. Arrival was supposed to be Sun 1330pm, it was now Mon 2330pm.

Thats it really.. no bath for two days. Thank god for Harry Potter book 7, all as in all video sets of the planes were not working even the radio. The seats were old and eughh the smell :(

---------------
moving on...

my new addiction - im cherried. been having this a lunch for three straight days

been loving the River, I like sleeping on the grass
dami din rabbits sa park and may mga kasama tong swan. nag aaway sila minsan. :) i saw a squirrel outside my house too.

Schoeneswochende! Bis bald! Tschuess!

No comments: